Enterprise customers now have the ability to access return envelope tracking for their USPS Courtesy Reply Mail. Once the returned mailpiece enters the mailstream and is scanned by USPS, the customer can start receiving notifications to tracking events via our webhooks.
The following is a list of mail tracking event labels and descriptions available for reply mail:
- Created: Return envelope is first created (should be simultaneous with Letter creation)
- In transit: Return envelope is being processed at the entry/origin facility
- In local area: Return envelope is being processed at the destination facility
- Processed for delivery: Return envelope is greenlit for delivery at the end recipient's nearest postal facility. The mailpiece should reach the mailbox within 1 business day of this tracking event.
- Re-routed: Return envelope is re-routed due to recipient change of address, address errors, or USPS relabeling of barcode/ID tag area
- Returned to sender: Return envelope is undeliverable and is being returned to sender due to barcode, ID tag area, or address errors.
Details on how to integrate with webhooks can be found in our Webhooks Integration Guide.
If you are an Enterprise edition customer that is interested in enabling return envelope tracking, including specifics on pricing, please reach out to our sales team or speak to your Customer Success Manager.