Lob Data Retention
Organizations are using and producing data at record speed. It’s estimated that by 2025, worldwide data will grow to 163 zettabytes. Each campaign deployed has associated data, and as your business partner, we protect that data on behalf of you and your customers.
To help reduce your Lob data exposure risk, beginning September 1, 2022, Lob’s standard policy will be to retain mailpiece data on a rolling 90-day basis. This means that mailpiece data beyond that 90-day period will be automatically deleted.
Lob will start permanently deleting data from its data stores in an effort to reduce data exposure for our customers.
How it works
A service will run nightly to delete data in our data stores including any rendered files. We will delete data for postcards, letters, checks, self mailers, and any inline addresses. Addresses created in the address API will not be deleted. These deletes will be permanent and have no recoverability.
Items to be deleted:
- Postcard data
- Letter data
- Checks data
- Self mailers data
- Inline addresses
Items that won't be deleted:
- Campaign data (metadata, results, etc)
- Mail pieces that need to be sent in the future
- Mail tracking data
- Mail analytics data
- Addresses created using Addresses API
- You will not be able to search for mail pieces that are outside of your retention window
- You will not be able to browse to individual mail piece data if the mail piece is deleted
- If you’d like to save content for your archives or future use, you can download the resources and keep them local. To do this, ensure that you have all resources associated with the mail piece, and download the content from the URLs in the API response. Make sure you do this within the rolling 90 period before the resources are deleted.
The default data retention period will be a rolling 90 days.